In practice, thermosyphon filters and adsorbers became widely used for purification of electrical insulation oils. They operate on the principle of absorption of contaminants by sorbents.
Sorbents in use gradually lose adsorption capabilities and reach an equilibrium, when the adsorption process stops entirely. In this case, the sorbent must either be replaced or reconditioned. The latter option is preferable, reducing the cost of procuring new and disposing of the old sorbent, as well as cutting transportation expenses.
To solve task of waste sorbent reactivation, GlobeCore has developed the СММ-4RP unit.
This equipment can be successfully applied by companies specialized in purification and regeneration of various oil products.
Components of СММ-4RP unit
СММ-4RP sorbent reactivation unit consists of:
- contamination output system;
- buffer tank;
- output pump;
- transfer pump;
- vacuum pump;
- charcoal filter;
- liquid trap;
- vapor-air mixture output system;
- control cabinet.
The saturated sorbent is loaded into the tilting columns of the СММ-4RP unit. Contamination absorbed during purification of oil products is removed under high temperature and vacuum. The total duration of reactivation process is about 20 hours.
Upon completion of reactivation process, the columns tilt upside down by pneumatic cylinders. Sorbent is unloaded from the columns.
After reactivation in the СММ-4RP unit, the sorbent can be loaded into sorbent cartridges of oil purification systems.
||Capacity, kg/20 hours
||Duration of sorbent reactivation, max
||Sorbent loss, %
||Power consumption, kW
||Total electric power consumption for one reactivation cycle, kW×h
||As per customer requirements
||Type of control system
Overall dimensions, mm max
||Weight, kg maximum
- reduction of sorbent procurement cost. The same sorbent can be reactivated up to 10 times;
- after reactivation, the sorbent can purify oil product with any water content;
- reduction of waste sorbent disposal cost;
- reduction of oil loss;
- waste sorbent can be deactivated. After deactivation, it doesn’t contain residual oil and can be disposed as regular construction waste without environmental pollution.